This recipe for Lavender Frosting yields a thick and creamy sugary frosting that’s perfect for decorating cakes and cupcakes. A little bit of lavender extract goes a long way, so use sparingly. The result is a lovely punch of flavor that will strike you like a field of lavender in the springtime!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp lavender extract
- 2-3 drops purple food coloring
- Place butter in a bowl and whip it for 2 minutes with the mixer on medium speed.
- Add the lavender extract and food coloring, adjusting number of drops depending on how bold you like you coloring. Continue mixing for another minute.
- Slowly add the confectioners sugar and continue mixing for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Pipe on cakes or cupcakes to decorate as desired.
Yields: frosting to decorate 12-24 cupcakes, or 8″ or 9″ round cake or 9×12′ sheet cake
Adapted from: Elaine